There's nothing better than tender pork belly with a beautiful barbecue sauce, and it's extremely versatile! Place inside a bap with coleslaw at a BBQ, or with baby boil potatoes and some veg for a family dinner.
For the BBQ sauce:
1. Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas mark 4.
2. Dry the pork belly slices thoroughly with kitchen paper, then season with salt and pepper. Place the slices into a roasting tray.
3. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, then and pour over the meat in the roasting tray. Toss the tray to ensure the slices are thoroughly covered.
4. Cover the tray tightly with foil and place in the oven for 1hr 30 mins (or until completely tender).
5. Remove the foil and turn on the grill to its highest setting. Grill the pork slices for around 4 minutes. Turn the meat over after 1-2 minutes and grill until the meat is charred and sauce is thick / sticky.
(If you prefer, you can finish the slices on the BBQ rather than under the grill, and baste the meat in the sauce from the roasting tray).