Switch up your fajita nights and ditch the wraps for baby potatoes for a really fresh and refreshing twist on one of my favourite ever meals.
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 onion cut chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 16 baby potatoes (Halved)
- 2 tbsp of fajita seasoning or mix of chilli, cumin, paprika, garlic and onion powders to make your own
- 200ml Greek yogurt
- Handful of fresh parsley or coriander chopped
Before cooking this dish marinate your chicken for at least 5 to 30 minutes, in a little oil and 1 tablespoon of fajita spice mix
- Start with your baby potatoes, slice them in half and add them to a microwavable dish, add a splash of water 40-50ml and cook on high for 7 minutes
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, add the chicken to a frying pan and cook on a medium/high heat for 7 minutes
- Remove cooked potatoes and set aside
- To your pan add tomatoes, onion and peppers and 1/2 tablespoon of fajita spice mix and cook for 5 minutes
- In a separate pan add a little oil and decant your cooked potatoes, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of fajita spice mix and cook potatoes on high for 5 minutes, they will take on a lovely colour and may even char.
- Now that your chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions have all cooked, it’s time to assemble. TIP: Chicken is cooked when it is white in colour when cut into or at 165F using food thermometer.
- Plate up by adding your potatoes to your bowl first, then top with your chicken fajitas mix, add 4-5 dollops of sour cream to your dish and finish with a generous handful of parsley or coriander